Monday 30 March 2020

Ullswater from Steel End, Martindale

Like most people I have been stuck in my house for the past week, and last weekend I found myself looking through my old photos remembering times when I was able to walk free and unfettered over the beautiful hills of Britain and Ireland. Most of the pictures are not very good, either because of the frequently poor weather in Britain or my bad photography skills. However, occasionally a good picture escaped through the lens and these have helped to revive my spirits and look forward to better days and I thought it would be a good idea to share some of these pictures with you, so I am starting with this one taken on a walk around Martindale in 2006 (the walk is described here). I was standing on Steel End at the northern tip of the ridge that rises to Steel Knotts and looking out over Ullswater.


No comments: