Thursday 16 April 2020

Ben Lawers from Beinn Ghlas

Ben Lawers is a very high mountain in the Southern Highlands that just misses out on the magic four thousand feet mark by seventeen feet. At one time a large twenty foot high cairn was piled on top of the summit of Ben Lawers to raise it above that magic figure, but it was a waste of time and has now gone. I climbed the mountain in very poor weather in 2007 from the east (and is described in this blog entry), but the following day the weather was completely different and I couldn't resist climbing the mountain again, now from the west. I had climbed its neighbour, Beinn Ghlas, from the National Trust for Scotland car park and this picture was taken from the summit. The ridge to Ben Lawers looked so good for walking I couldn't resist returning to the top of Ben Lawers even though I'd been to the top only a day earlier, but now I had fabulous weather (and that walk is described on this blog entry).


No comments: