Saturday 18 April 2020

Pen-y-ghent

Pen-y-ghent is one of the Three Peaks in the Yorkshire Dales. Although it is the smallest of the three it is the most photogenic. This picture was taken while walking part of the Pennine Way and is described here, however I was making some diversions from the official route of the Pennine Way. Once I was back down from Pen-y-ghent I left the Pennine Way as it headed north towards the town of Hawes while I turned west towards the second of the Three Peaks, Ingleborough. This is a sprawling hill covering a wide area so by the time I was coming down into the village of Ingleton at the end of the day I was exhausted. Many people try to do all three peaks in one day, but on this occasion I was happy to just do two of them and leave Whernside for the next day.


No comments: