Tuesday 7 April 2020

Wast Water

The view from Wasdale of the surrounding mountains has been voted Britain's favourite. This picture is from much further back up Wast Water from outside the Wasdale Hall Youth Hostel. It was taken at the start of a walk done at Easter 2011, but it wasn't used on the blog entry for that walk. Much later after going through a difficult time in my life I used this picture to illustrate the recuperative powers of a good walk. Although we can't walk far at this time it is still essential for our mental health to get out into the countryside and wild places. I have also been helped by looking through my old pictures of the stunning landscape of Britain and Ireland that I have visited over the last fifteen years. I hope this picture will also provide you with some encouragement at this tremendously difficult time.


No comments: