Thursday 2 April 2020

Bow Fell from Allen Crags

I started going through my pictures to have something on the background to my computer that would cheer me up. When this picture popped up a couple of days later I had no idea where it was taken, though I suspected it had been taken in the Lake District, except the scenery didn't look familiar. Eventually I checked the date the picture was taken, and it came from the walk described here, but that still did not help identify exactly where the picture was taken. In end I had to check the time the picture was taken (13.36), and read through my description of the walk to find where I was at that time. Thus I realised that the mountain in the centre of the picture is Bow Fell, although from an unusual angle and Esk Pike is to the right. The bowl of Angle Tarn in hidden below Bow Fell. The picture was taken just north of the summit of Allen Crags looking south-south-east.


No comments: